Our approach to PSHE
At Colley Lane we see Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE) at the centre of everyday. PSHE isvital to a child’s overall development and education. PSHE underpins all aspects of a child’s life and ensures they are open to becoming informed, active and well-round citizens. We cover all aspects of the curriculum under:
- Health and Well-being
- Living in the wider world
PSHE is delivered to our children on a fortnightly rota (between 30 minutes to an hour sessions) ensuring all of the PSHE curriculum is covered through both these lessons and focus days. PSHE is also taught through cross curricular opportunities and through school trips.
Our PSHE curriculum is broad and balanced, ensuring that we cover all aspects of a child’s personal, social, health and economic ability.
- We cover sensitive issues through well planned and delivered lessons.
- We allow children the time to express opinions and ask questions whilst exploring their uniqueness.
- We encourage our children to understand that all actions have consequences and how these effect not only themselves.
- We provide information and workshops about keeping health and safe, both emotionally and physically.