Each day there is a choice of healthy, freshley cooked food including a range of salad, fruits and fruit juice provided as part of school lunches. We cater for a variety of tastes, with a diverse range of options available every week, including vegetarian dishes. All meals are nutritionally balanced and are served by our friendly catering staff.
Children can sit down together and enjoy their meal whilst at the same time developing social skills of eating together that are so important in later life. A well fed and happy child is more likely to be receptive to participating in the afternoon's activities.
To read more about healthy food choices please visit the NHS Change4Life page.
Free School Meals
If your child is in Reception, years one or two, you will automatically be entitled for free meals under the new 'Universal Infant Free School Meals' criteria. However if you do meet the criteria listed below then you will need to submit an on-line claim in order for your child’s school to receive Pupil Premium funding.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals. Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be entitled to receive free school meals.
You can apply online for free school meals.